I've never been to the city before, but I've already started making a list of places I want to check out while I'm there. I know that it all can't be done in three days, so I have to be strategic in what I really want to see most.
1. Times Square. This will be easy to do, because our hotel is right on the edge of it! Times Square is one of the busiest places in the world and the one of the most advertisement heavy. I'm excited to check out this area that is super saturated with mass media.
2. Physical Graffiti. Yep, the cover art for Led Zeppelin's album Physical Graffiti was photographed in NYC, so I plan to go scout it out and get my own photo of it. Perfect timing, since it's the album's 40th anniversary.
3. Record stores. I want to check out as many of these as I can. Since I'm a music buff, I'm really excited to just be in the atmosphere of the New York music scene. And I'm on a mission to find a t-shirt for my boyfriend, so its a win-win.
4. Comedy clubs. My friend and partner in crime at The Sentinel, Brittany, already booked us a spot at the Comedy Cellar for Thursday night. I'm beyond excited to be going to the same place where so many amazing comics have performed. And if Louis C.K showed up on a whim I think I might pee my pants out of excitement.
5. New York bagels. I plan on having one of these for breakfast every morning. A bagel and schmear sounds like the perfect food to start off the day in NY, so I'm gonna get as many as I can!
There are countless other things I'm going to be doing, so check back tomorrow! I'll be posting updates on the conference sessions I'll be going to and the sights I'll be seeing. I'm going to try and blog as much as possible, and if you have any must-see places to go or eat while in NY, please comment below! I'd love to hear more suggestions. NYC, here I come!