There is something more to what we are. On the surface, we just look like people carrying out our busy lives. But, there are deeper layers to everything - messages floating all around us. And I want to show you how to listen to them. Your next opportunity is here today during the Super Moon, but I will explain that shortly.
Let me give you some background on me; I am eternally curious, I believe in magic, and I have a serious fascination with astrology, numerology, esoteric philosophies, and ancient cultures. I think this combination has opened my perspective to receive messages more fluidly than someone who doesn’t notice the wind in the air, or the phase of the moon.
Why is this important? Well. That’s up for you to decide. If you think it’s at least important enough to keep reading then you must continue. What intertwines us as humans is our pursuit of purpose as it pertains to ourself and the outside world. At some point we will all be faced with the opportunity to believe in more than ourselves. The question is wether you will let it pass you, or let it fill you with inspiration and wonder.
Last night my dad and I watched one of the most magnificent skies I’ve seen in a while. The sky is my ultimate source of inspiration; it always changes yet remains constant. Stars, clouds, planets… I could stare into it forever. And the more often I do the more often these other worldly messages find their way to me. I cherish the moments I spend with my dad looking into infinity, and we talked a lot about how it makes so many other problems in life seem insignificant. We both trust in the universe, and no matter how challenging it can be to live in modern society, he reminds me that our roots are intertwined with the divine and ancient ancestors; that our spirits are more special than we are taught to believe.
MESSAGES + MESSENGERS
There have been multiple instances where I was deeply reflecting, working through life in my mind, when a message will come. Such as a feather found on the ground, or a seemingly random (but noticeably stronger) gust of wind, or I’ll hear a far-off chiming sound. To me, these are signs of good luck. Your signs may be different to you, but if you are primarily an Air sign like myself (Gemini, Aquarius or Libra), then you should take more notice in the timing of air elements entering your life.
One thing to note is that there is always two parts; the messenger (or vehicle) and the message (or meaning). The most recent sign I have received is the fact that tonight is the Gemini Super Moon, meaning the full moon will coincide with the gemini constellation. In addition, Mercury (Gemini’s ruling planet, and the planet of communication) will go into retrograde. Despite the stigmas you may have heard about planetary retrograde, it really isn’t some hoax to roll your eyes at (nor is it an omen for which to place blame). Think of retrograde as a shift in the universal energy - to some it affects like a magnifying glass, to others like radio static. In this scenario, the messenger is the celestial beings themselves, and the message is subjective, but each person will have their own interpretations (and that's what's so great - don't just take my word for what it means to me, infer your own meaning and purpose).
No matter what way you look at it, the convergence of these intertwined celestial beings should grab your attention. It’s a curious pattern, and the intellectual energy that Gemini are so prone to can be truly magnified during this time (another note on astrology - just because you weren't born during Gemini season does not mean it isn't present somewhere in your birth chart!). The energies I'm sensitive to right now are making me feel overly compelled to publish this blog post (even though I hardly feel well-studied enough to write about pseudoscientific topics). It’s my purpose in life to connect to people; I am a social scientist through and through, and I'm curious to see the effect this post will have on some people. I don’t always fully understand how, but I can’t ignore the fact that I’ve given people advice and led them to interests that created a massively impactful chain of events. Sometimes when I give advice it’s as if I lose my sense of ‘self’ and become a messenger for the universe. If you’ve ever had a revelation during a conversation with me, you know I am a natural communicator - almost too natural at times.
LANGUAGE OF NUMBERS
Let’s switch gears to numerology. This is the belief and study of mystical relationships between numbers and ideas. And, the deeper you study it the more you can understand that numbers have their own language (and actually are the foundation for every language, every structure we know). Do you regularly notice the clock at 11:11? Or maybe triple digits like 333 follow you places. For me, I notice various combinations of 612 very often. The more I noticed, the more I wanted to understand what this could mean. Truly you should dive deep into numerologist.com and let it lead you to the information you need. In short, each number holds certain characteristics, and each letter decodes to a number using the Pythagorean alphabet. So, this brings me back to the number 11, which is known as a ‘master number’.
How this pertains to today's Super Moon is quite astounding. On this day (12/3 - another number pattern to pick up on), five celestial beings sat at 11° this morning; the gemini constellation, the moon, Jupiter, Neptune and the Sun. According to numerologist.com this created an 11:11:11:11:11 portal - a allusion to 2018 which is an 11 universal year. Below is today’s natal chart, a map of the position of each celestial being in our solar system (at a given time). Studying how these positions relate to each other will help you further understand what I can ‘universal energy’ or ‘universal flow’. You will notice the 11’s I mentioned before, and if this looks entirely foreign don’t let it overwhelm you. Cafe Astrology is a great place to start learning how to read natal charts.
The point is, it is all connected. Every word, every combination of date, location and time, can all be decoded into something purposeful. Today, in particular, is important because it is a great opportunity to think about closure for 2017 and your purpose for 2018. What do you want to achieve? What areas do you want to grow? What gives your life true meaning? To me, life is all about connecting the dots. That’s why I work in the field of communication. It’s why I’ve learned to notice signs of luck, and take them as affirmations that I’m on the right path. It’s not always good, I don’t want to give the illusion that my life is perfect whatsoever. But, I am happy every single day because I choose to be. And I choose to see the good signs and piggyback off of them into even better signs. This is something you can do too, every person is capable of tapping into that universal flow.
MAKE SOMETHING OF IT
Turn this newfound information from something mental into something physical. There is no better time than now! Here are a list of ideas you should focus on around the Gemini Full Moon that I adapted from numerologist.com :
- Invest in a spiritual practice - I recommend open minded meditation. I’ve noticed I get the most restful sleep when practicing this Chakra Meditation as I fall asleep.
- Socialize and embrace your inner playfulness - If you find yourself complaining about people more than enjoying them, take a minute to cleanse yourself of past negativity and go out with the intention of being positive and making a new friend.
- Communicate your ideas with purpose - Get out of your own mind, express your thoughts, put effort into how you communicate. It always helps to think before you speak, but not so much as to over-think and miss your opportunity to share something. Write, sing, strike up a conversation with a stranger - we can’t connect to anyone if we don’t try.
- Read a good book or novel - I am so terrible about sitting down with a book. There are so many distractions, and my mind is always in twelve places at once. BUT, my dad just gave me two great books that I’m looking forward to reading. One is called The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku.
- Write in your journal - Or your blog :) I am an advocate for self expression and I believe you should find your own way to get your thoughts out. If you’re more comfortable using your thumbs than actually writing I’d suggest using the notes app on your phone. Record every inner conversation you have, begin a dialogue with yourself - trust me it works.
- Explore a new place – This is probably my favorite on the list. I love to discover new places, and I have already made some plans to explore the Atlanta Botanical Gardens with some girlfriends in the near future. Also, if you like breweries there is a new one opening soon in Sandy Springs called Pontoon Brewing (they just hired me as their Marketing Coordinator - so I had to throw a shameless plug in there!).
- Stay busy on a fun project or learn a new skill - You all should know I have no problem staying busy, but this Super Moon is infusing me with all sorts of physical energies that I need to take advantage of. You may notice you’re feeling restless too - so take it as a sign to start a new painting or write new music. If you just finished one, keep your momentum going. Now is the time to act.
- Take a risk – No matter what happens, you will grow and feel optimistic.
- Inquire! - Stay curious, your mind is active and gathering data. Ask questions, stimulate those around you, find inspiration and create a ripple effect of it. Perpetual inspiration is easily manifested during this time - so let it happen!
Questions to ask yourself right now:
Use the resources out there, let yourself be curious about the convergence of events that makes you special. Look up and learn to read your birth chart, read about your life path number, read about the traits that were engrained with you since your soul met your body. I promise it will offer insight, it will help you understand your faults and weaknesses, and it will help you heal and learn to love who you are and feel confident about where you are going. 2018 is about to be a very powerful year, and now is the perfect time to set some future intentions. Connect more dots within yourself. Communicate with yourself more often, and you will in turn communicate with the universe.